Personal injury lawyers are specialty lawyers who cover a range of cases for their clients. Personal injury claims allow the client to take action against the responsible party whose actions led to them getting injured. The aim of the lawyers who practice this law form is to get their clients the compensation they deserve for their injuries. But what cases do they cover? You’re about to find out!
The Cases They Cover
Here are some examples of the cases they cover. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Assault and battery
- Automobile accidents
- Boat accidents
- Defamation of character
- Defective product design & manufacturing
- Dog bites
- Failure to warn of product dangers
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Other types of accidents
What They Do to Help
Personal injury lawyers do a lot to help their clients during their cases. What they do to help depends on the case type and how far along in the case they are. Here are a few of the many beneficial tasks they might do for your case:
- Conduct Discovery: This task includes deposing experts, parties, and witnesses as well as interrogating defendants for certain information.
- Gather Evidence: Gathering evidence can help strengthen your case. The evidence they may gather are: Any police or incident report, tracking down witnesses and getting their statements, get photographs of the scene, and any other evidence that pertains to your case.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: Because of their specialty, these types of lawyers often negotiate with insurance companies. They will review the policy details to determine your maximum compensation eligibility. And to ensure the client does not jeopardize the case, they will handle any communications with the insurance company.
- Represent Clients at a Trial: If your case goes to trial, a personal injury lawyer can represent you throughout the proceedings. With their familiarity of court customs and procedures, they can ensure things go smoothly and as planned.
- Send Demand Letters: To go along with evidence gathering, your lawyer might send a demand letter to the insurance company of the responsible party. This letter will include the facts of the accidents and a demand for a certain amount of compensation for the injuries the responsible party caused.
These are just some of the many things that can be done to help you.
With the help of an excellent personal injury lawyer, you can receive the financial compensation you deserve and begin your journey to emotional, mental, and physical healing.